Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012 Christmas

I made many gifts this year for my family, our families enjoy handmade gifts and I enjoy making them. Rowan is young enough that I'm able to make many of her gifts...it's much harder to make homemade gifts for our boys who are now 9 and 12.



'Newfie mitts' for my mom


Quilted bags for my sisters


Pixie hat for my youngest niece

                                     
felt playfood also for my youngest niece



preparing squash for Christmas dinner


working on Lego

sporting as many gifts as possible



I enjoy the Christmas season, but I'm ready to start anew.  Time to move past the excess of December and onto the new year.  I'm looking forward to getting back to our normal rhythm.  My son is going off to Florida with his Dad for a week, while he's gone I'll sleep in his room while we (specifically Bill) does the drywall in our master bedroom.  I despise drywall work, but I just can't wait to have proper curtains hung on the bedroom windows and making the room at least a bit more pretty.

Watch for a shop stocking on Monday! 

No comments: