Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yarn Along :: the monster ball

Joining Ginny again, all this book and yarn stuff is addicting. This week I'm keeping it simple with some leg warmers for the little one. I'm loving the practicality of legwarmers and I think I might just spend this summer knitting many legwarmers for Rowan and a few for me too. The yarn, it's a HUGE ball of an acrylic that my step son picked out for me as a Christmas gift a few years ago. The blue colour has grown on me and it's actually nice to knit up, which is good because that's a lot of yarn. I'm thinking up more projects to do with it, cable legwarmers for my niece, maybe a Mustard scarf for me, then I'll retire the ball until I need to knit a sweater or baby blanket to gift.

I just got my copy of Radical Homemakers after reading about it on so many blogs. So far I'm enjoying it, I'm not far enough into it to discuss it but it's speaking to me. It's a book that I'm sure I'll always keep near by to refer to. I'm also reading Sisters in the Wilderness to continue on with my Susanna Moodie & Catherine Parr Trail reading.
Phew, that all feels so quick! I'm looking forward to peeking into some blogs this afternoon while the littlest one sleeps.

4 comments:

house full of jays said...

That is a monster ball! So many projects you can start and finish with that sweet blue!
I've heard lots about Radical Homemakers also - I'll have to check it out!

Heidi said...

Defiitely a huge ball of yarn and a sweet gift for you...making leg warmers for my daughter currently as well...she loves dresses, so leg warmers seem lime a practical solution to cold legs....she promises that she'll wear them...we shall see...

Nadja said...

That is indeed a monster ball of yarn. Reminds me of the forest-green acrylic my girlfriend and I bought when she was teaching me to knit a sweater for the first time...

County Cloth Creations said...

it's huge, I wish I could crochet and I'd turn it into a blanket. My mother in law offered to knit it up into a blanket for me...I think I'll accept her offer :)